- Standard – 12th or Equivalent
- Stream – Science
- Core Subjects – PCB (Physics+Chemistry+Biology) & English
- Board – Recognized Board
- Entrance Exam – State Level or College or University Level Entrance Exam
- Minimum Age Limit – 17 Years at the time of admission or on 31st December of year of admission
- Upper Age Limit – 25 Years at the time of admission, 5 Year age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC category
Today, India has an intense development in the field of health and Nursing is the most demanding program pursued by male and female aspirants. Nursing is the best ancient career to serve care and enthusiasm to the mankind and it is one of the most important pillar in the medical field. The nursing job demands hard work and patience. It covers care for patients, his/her medication & maintaining patient records.
Skilled and qualified nurses are in great demand all over the globe. Various Colleges & Universities are running Nursing programs in their campus. Specialization in the specific subject can further help to get a good job and higher salary package.
There are five key values of nursing profession, altruism, honesty, human dignity, autonomy, and social justice, which are important for nursing profession along with nursing degree too.
Nursing Degree After 12th
To become a nurse you can choose any baccalaureate degree, after intermediate / 12th with ZBC 50% qualifying marks or equivalent examination, from the following nursing courses :-
- B.Sc Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) – 4½ years regular undergraduate degree program.
- ANM (Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery) – 2 years regular undergraduate certification or diploma course
- GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) – 3½ years regular undergraduate certification or diploma course
- PBSC (N) or B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing – 2 years regular degree program.after GNM
Nursing Degree After Graduate or Diploma Programs
- M.Sc Nursing – 2 years regular post graduate or Master’s degree program.
Top Nursing Colleges/Universities
There are some top nursing colleges or universities we mentioned for your bright future :-
- Desh Bhagat University, Fatehgarh Shib, Punjab
- Graphic Era Deemed University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Bhagwant Global University, Kotdwar Uttarakhand
- Swami Vivekanand Group of Institutions (SVIT), Chandigarh, Punjab
- Combined Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Uttaranchal (PG) college of Bio-Medical Sciences & Hospital, Dehradun, Uttarakjand
- Qudra Group of Institution, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- OM Group of Institutions, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- Care College of Nursing, Haridwar, Uttrakhand
- Arihant Group of Institutions, Haridwar, Uttarakhand
You’re ready to serve your services for humanity before that you must be know about the scope of nursing so that you could become specialist in it for your career growth.
Six months after graduation, 99.8% of our nursing students got employment on an average starting salary of ₹25000/- per month.
Scope of Nursing
After the completion of B.Sc Nursing there are various career opportunity in India as well as in other countries. Such as: –
|Accident and Emergency (A&E) Nursing|
|Critical Care (ITU) Nursing|
|Practice nurse in a GP Surgery Nursing|
|Mental Health Nursing|
Salary Package of Nursing Graduate
Nursing graduate get salary package ranges from ₹3.6 lakh per year to ₹7.6 lakh per year. This salary package depends upon the reputation of the institution or hospital the aspirant is employed at, the aspirant’s seniority, experience and diligence at the workplace.
Average Salary of Nursing Graduate Profiles Based on Experience