DBIT Group of Institutions, Dehradun | Registration Open
Best Engineering College in North India | 100% Placement
- Engineering Course List
- Admission Procedure
- How to Apply
- Top Engineering Colleges
- Entrance Exam
A Engineering course is a professional degree to learn, search, innovate, develop & teach . And, these professionals are known as Engineers. Engineering courses are Job oriented courses and these are directly related to the B.Tech, B.Arc, BE and Diploma Engineering as a real world. They have the capability to invent a new ideas in a real world with the help of latest technology, Virtual Reality. Artificial Intelligence, Sensors, Bio-Recolonization Techniques, image Senor Techniques , to invent new technologies etc. The Common areas where these engineers work is in the multinational companies, constructions, software development, mechanical, architecture, electrical, electronics, medical, education or we can say every field of the technology.
- Increased immense scope in the every field of real world
- Duration of degree courses is 4 years, diploma courses 2-3 Yrays.
- Thousands of jobs for every sector field releases every year
- Salary : 2 lac – 28 lac CTC per annum
To Know More Register For Free Counseling :
After 12th students can join degree & diploma courses in Engineering field. In Engineering there are 450+ courses available. The duration of degree courses is 4 years, while diploma courses are of 2-4 years. A student needs at least 50% marks from a recognized board. Here we provide the complete list of Top Demanding Engineering courses after 12th.
|Course Name||Duration||Free Counseling|
|BE/B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||4 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Civil Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Electrical Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Automobile Engineering||4 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Aerospace Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Petroleum Engineering||4 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Robotics Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Textile Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Biomedical Engineering||5 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Mechatronics Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Biotechnology Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Power Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Mining Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Ceramic Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Metallurgical Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Chemical Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Production Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Construction Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Environmental Engineering||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Tool Engineering||2 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Telecommunication Engineering||2 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Transportation Engineering||2 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Cloud Technology & Information Science||2 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Data Science||2 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Dairy Technology||3 Year||Interested|
|BE/B.Tech Food Technology||3 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering||1 Year||Interested|
The first step before thinking about a career in the Engineering Industry is to check the eligibility. Whether its B.Tech or Diploma in Engineering, each of them have their own & different eligibility criteria.
- First of all, candidates should be at least 17 years of age.
- Students must clear 10+2 in Science (PCB/PCM) & English exam with minimum 50% marks, to get admission in UG Courses.
- Students can avail the admission in the Engineering course of various courses only on the basis of merit.
- Most of the Engineering institutes in India organize entrance tests for the students to take admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned tests, there are a number of other entrance tests including JEE MAINS, JEE ADVANCE etc.
- There are numerous popular Engineering institutes in India from where students can pursue the course.
- The admission may be followed by the interview (vary from college to college) or counseling.
- Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria of the program.
- Students must fill the examination form before the deadline.
- Candidates can register themselves online and offline by downloading from (depending on college to college).
- Registration does not guarantee admission.
- Some of them include RIT Roorkee, RR Institutions Bangalore, DBIT Dehradun, BFIT Dehradun, DBU Chandigarh, SVIET Chandigarh, MMDU Jalandar, ITM University, Himgiri Zee University Dehradun, Tulas Institute Dehradun, Graphic Era University Dehradun, Uttaranchal University Dehradun, RIIMs Bangalore, Koshyas Group of Institutions, Bangalore Group of Colleges, IBMR Pune, NIU Greater Noida, NIET Greater Noida, ITM Agra, etc.
To Know More Register For Free Counseling :
Applying for any Engineering Course isn’t a difficult task. You just need to follow the below-mentioned steps carefully:-
- Students need to select in what branch of engineering they want to make a career.
- After selecting the right branch, students are required to choose the duration and type of branch. It could be either degree, diploma, or a certificate course in that particular branch of the engineering course.
- After deciding the duration of the course, students need to check the eligibility criteria of that particular course. Each degree, diploma, and certificate of engineering branch has different eligibility criteria. Reviewing this section (Eligibility) first and then applying for the course will save you lots of time.
- Apply for the course from your preferable college. If the college allows admission on the basis of merit, then it’s okay, but if not, then you will have to appear in college demanded entrance examination. Various Universities require entrance exam marks to consider the candidate for admission.
- Firstly, fill the Application form very carefully because if you submit the form with the mistake then it will be canceled.
- After filling the form, submit the all required documents and submit them.
- Pay the registration fee through the Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card.
- Take minimum 3-4 copies of the form for the future reference
To Know More Register For Free Counseling :
Below mention colleges are the top Engineering colleges in India –
|S.No.||College Name||Free Counseling|
|2||Desh Bhagat University, Chandigarh||Interested|
|4||DBIT Group of Institutions, Dehradun||Interested|
|6||Graphic Era Deemed university, Dehradun||Interested|
|9||Himgiri Zee University (HZU), Dehradun||Interested|
|13||Koshyas Group of institutions, Bangalore||Interested|
|14||Bhagwant Global University||Interested|
|15||OM Group of Institutions, Roorkee||Interested|
|16||RR Institutions, Karnataka||Interested|
|17||Bangalore Group of Institutions, Bangalore||Interested|
|19||NIU, Greater Noida||Interested|
|20||NIET, Greater Noida||Interested|
|22||Uttaranchal University Dehradun||Interested|
|23||Galgotia Group of Institutions, Uttar Pradesh||Interested|
|24||Quantam University, Roorkee||Interested|
|26||Mangalmay Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad||Interested|
Engineering has long been the most sought-after program to study in India. With thousands of aspirants dreaming of running towards their engineering dreams, a number of entrance exams are held in India each year – national level, state level and university level.
JEE Main : The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is a national level entrance examination that will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Previously, the exam was conducted by CBSE once a year. But from 2019, the exam is being conducted twice a year – January and April. In another change, the exam is now conducted in computer based mode (except the drawing section of Paper 2 (B.Arch) which is a pen and paper based exam). JEE Main is the admission procedure into the well-known IIITs, NITs and other more prestigious engineering institutes of the nation. More than 12 lakh applicants appear for this examination hoping to clear and reach JEE Advanced for admissions. The duration of the exam is 3 hours long and is multiple choice in nature. The examination is divided into two papers – Paper 1 is for B.Tech/B.E and Paper 2 is for B.Arch or B.Planning.
BITSAT: The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) conducts their University level engineering entrance examination every year for new admissions. BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) offers admission to all eligible applicants into the three campuses of BITS. Around 2 lakh applicants appear for this examination every year making it a very sought after the entrance exam. The duration of the online examination is 3 hours and the objective based question paper is divided into four sections – Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning and finally Mathematics. Around 2,000 seats are available for admission.
MET : Manipal Academy of Higher Education (earlier known as Manipal University) is responsible for conducting the annual online entrance examination for admissions into the institute. The Manipal Entrance Test (MET), previously known as MU OET, is a University level examination which bring in over 50,000 applicants per year. Admissions are provided in 16 engineering courses through MU OET and is open to all eligible applicants. The entrance exam is held in online mode and is 150 minutes long. The questions are objective multiple choice ones and the applicants will have to qualify this examination for admission into the institute.
VITEEE: Around 5000 undergraduate engineering seats are available for eligible applicants under VITEEE (VIT Engineering Entrance Exam). The VIT University conducts the University level examination and around 2 lakh students appear for it every year. The mode of examination is online and will be objective in nature. Within the duration of 2½ hours, the applicants will have to solve 125 questions from Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Aptitude and English sections.
SRMJEEE: The SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) is conducted by SRM Institute of Science and Technology for all eligible aspirants. The online or computer-based test is held for admissions into the 7,000 undergraduate engineering seats available. Every year, around 1 lakh students apply for the entrance examination. The entrance examination consists of 125 questions and the applicants will have to qualify the exam for admissions into the University. Direct admissions is provided to the top 1000 IIT JEE Rank holders along with the top rank holders of central and state board of examinations.
COMEDK UGET : Admissions into the engineering courses offered by the Associations of Medical, Dental and Engineering private colleges in the state of Karnataka is done through COMEDK UGET conducted by the Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK). The entrance examination is held across 697 exam centres in 153 cities in India. Around 20,000 B.Tech seats are offered for admission under B.Tech. The examination is 3 hours long and is based on the syllabus of the 10+2 standard. The applicants will have to solve 180 multiple choice questions to be eligible for admission.admission in AIIMS can register online for this particular exam.
KITEEE : The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology is the conducting authority of KIITEE. The examination is held annually for admissions of eligible applicants into the 4-year B.Tech programs offered by the institute. KIITEE is conducted in online mode and has 3 sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The qualifying marks have to be obtained by the applicants for admission. Around 60 exam centers are available for the applicants appearing for KIITEE.
SITEEE : Symbiosis Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (SITEEE) is conducted annually by Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT). The applicants who qualify SITEEE will be offered admission into the institute. JEE Main and MHT CET qualified applicants are also eligible for admission. The University level entrance exam offers admission to eligible applicants into the 420 available B.Tech seats. The entrance exam consists of 100 questions and the total marks is 200. The duration of SITEEE is 150 minutes.
AMUEEE : AMUEEE is a University level entrance examination conducted by Aligarh Muslim University for admissions into the available B.Tech programmes. Based on the merit and rank obtained in the entrance exam, the eligible applicants are offered admission. AMUEEE is held over a duration of 3 hours and comprises of 150 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. All questions are objective based.
Scope Of Engineering Courses After 12th
As we all know, the requirements of Engineers like Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Petroleum, food Technology, Computers etc will surely increase. According to a report, the Indian Technical sector will increase with a growth rate of 96.6% percent in the coming 5 yrs.
Required Skills in the Engineering Sector
- A person should be an excellent presence of mind to take correct decisions in a real time problem solving conditions as they have to work in rotational shifts.
- He/she should be physically fit .
- A person should be willing to work late at night and on weekends.
- He/she have a clear mindset, quick decision-maker, and excellent communication skills.
- If you want to move into service industry like IT, which has many branches, then functional knowledge is necessary.
- EEE students are mostly absorbed in the core sector unlike ECE. Core sector means sectors like power.
- You can join any manufacturing industry and go towards research and development.
- As the field of engineering incorporates new technologies, the appropriate scope of undergraduate education in engineering continues to grow.
Top 10 Jobs After Engineering Courses
- Junior Engineer
- Assistant Engineer
- Graduate Engineer
- Software Developer
- Senior Engineer
- Architect Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
Salary after Engineering courses
The salary structure in the Engineers largely depends on the organization as well as the individual’s experience and skills. Salary packages in this field vary as per job profiles.
- A Junior Engineer can start their career with Rs 10,000 per month. With the experience, he can get up to Rs 50,000 per month.
- An average salary of a Assistant Engineer varies between Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 15,000/- per month.
- Software Engineer can get remuneration from Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 50,000/- per month.
- An average salary structure of a Engineer is in between Rs. 100,000/- to Rs. 2800,000/= per annum.
- These pay structures will increase with experience and talent.
An engineering professionals can be placed in the following industries:
- Aerospace & Aviation
- Alternative Energy & Power
- Automotive, Electronic & Autonomous
- Capital Equipment
- Consumer Products
- Contract Manufacturing
- Composites/Plastics/Polymers (including PIM & MIM)
- Defense & Security
- Electronics, Analog & Digital Construction
- Emergent Technologies
- Facilities & Industrial
- Machine & Computer
- Machine Shop & Fabrication
- Medical Device & Equipment
- Photonics (Laser & Optical)
- RF & Wireless
- Structural, Architecture, Civil & Construction
- Test & Measurement
Engineering Course Recruiters In India
A Paramedical graduate can get a job in top organizations like:-
- Tata Motors
Ques: What is the difference between B.E. and B.Tech?
Ans: It sometimes confuse many students about the difference between B.E. and B.Tech. This article talks about some important aspects such as key differences and similarities in B.E. and B.Tech.
Ques: What are the Foundation batches for IIT JEE and their advantages?
Ans: Foundation batches are very important for IIT JEE aspirants. They enhance thinking ability in them and expose them to competitive environment.
Ques: What is the scope of the Engineering Course after 12th?
Ans: Because of the increasing technolgies, the need for assisting technical professionals have also increased. This simply proves that you won’t have any trouble in grabbing a nicely paying Job/Placement after completing a Engineering course after 12th.
Ques: How much salary can we expect after engineering courses?
Ans: Usually, engineeres earn a satisfactory salary package, as most of it depends on your skills and experience. Still, as a fresher, you can achieve around 3-3.5 lacs P/A very easily, which will rise along with your time and expertise in the industry.
Ques: Is JEE Entrance Exam necessary for admission in Engineering Course?
Ans: No,JEE is not compulsory for Engineering admissions. JEE is only required for IIT, NIT universities etc.
Ques: What is a professional engineer?
Ans: Professional engineers have fulfilled the rigorous education, examination, and experience requirements, which, under state licensure laws, permit them to offer engineering services to the public. Although engineering licensure laws vary from state to state, in general, to become a PE an individual must be a graduate of an engineering program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, pass the Fundamentals of Engineering exam, gain four years of experience as an intern, and then pass the Principles and Practice of Engineering exam. PEs take legal responsibility for their engineering designs, being bound by a code of ethics to protect public health and safety.
Ques: What do engineers do?
Ans: Engineers take abstract ideas and apply science and mathematics to build products to meet the needs of mankind.
Ques: What is the difference between science and engineering?
Ans: Science is knowledge based on observed facts and tested truths arranged in an orderly system that can be validated and communicated to other people. Engineering is the creative application of scientific principles used to plan, build, direct, guide, manage, or work on systems to maintain and improve our daily lives.Engineers take abstract ideas and apply science and mathematics to build products to meet the needs of mankind.
Ques: How many types of engineering specialties are there?
Ans: Aerospace, Agricultural, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil (General and Structural), Computer, Control Systems, Electrical and Electronics, Environmental, Fire Protection, Geotechnical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Mining, Nuclear, Petroleum, Sanitary, and Traffic.
Ques: What are various sectors / types of industry in which mechanical engineers can be absorbedneering specialties are there?
Ans: They can be suitably employed in-
- Manufacturing industries
- Maintenance work
- Automobile mfg. & maintenance industries
- Refrigeration industries / Air conditioning industries
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- BHEL, NTPC, NHPC
- JCB / Hero Honda
- Armed Forces
- Software companies like TCS, Infosys, L&T
- Other small scale industries etc.