Top Demanding Course – ANM
Full Form of ANM – Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery
ANM Course Duration – 2 Years
Degree Level of ANM – Diploma in Nursing Program
ANM Course Designed For – To learn Nursing Concepts in Cure
ANM Admission Process – Direct Admission/Entrance Exam by Univ (State/Govt.)
ANM Course Fee – 60K – 75K per year
- Standard – 12th or Equivalent Examination
- Stream – Science or Arts
- Core Subjects – Any Subjects with English
- Percentage – 40%
- Board – Recognized Board/ State Open School/NIOS
- Entrance Exam – State Level or College or University Level Entrance Exam
- Minimum Age Limit – 17 Years at the time of admission or on 31st December of year of admission
- Upper Age Limit – 35 Years, 5 Years age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC category
ANM – Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery (2 years)
ANM is a Diploma Program is a basic nursing course to prepare nurses in the field of healthcare awarded after the completion of the 2 years Academics program including Internship (18 Months + 6 Months Internship) in Hospitals.
The Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery (ANM) run by various government as well private nursing collages approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC) & State Nurses & Midwives Council.
ANM program emphasize on the study of health care of several individuals. Students also learn to maintain medical supplies, arrange Operation Theater properly, give medication timely to patient and keep records in a proper format. The curriculum learns to students, about the care and health recovery of persons who are sick or injured.
ANM is one of the most demanding professional course that have good career opportunities.
Eligibility Criteria of GNM Admission
- The minimum educational requirements shall be 10 + 2 in Arts (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, and Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Science or Health care Science – Vocational stream ONLY passing out from recognized Board.
- Students qualified in 10+2 Arts or Science examination conducted by National Institute of Open School
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
- The maximum age for admission shall be 35 years.
The academic curriculum designed to learn improvement of the health and family welfare service to the community. The main objective of the curriculum is to prepare nurses to work in various areas of Health.
ANM curriculum is dividing into 18 months academics & 6 months of internship is mandatory –
- ANM 1st Year Syllabus
- Community Health Nursing
- Health Promotion
- Primary Healthcare Nursing I (Prevention of diseases and restoration of health)
- Child Health Nursing
- ANM 2nd Year Syllabus
- Health Centre Management
Top ANM Colleges/Universities
There are some top nursing colleges or universities we mentioned for your bright future:-
- Desh Bhagat University, Fatehgarh Shib, Punjab
- Graphic Era Deemed University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Bhagwant Global University, Kotdwar Uttarakhand
- Combined Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Uttaranchal (PG) college of Bio-Medical Sciences & Hospital, Dehradun, Uttarakjand
- Qudra Group of Institution, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- OM Group of Institutions, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- Care College of Nursing, Haridwar, Uttrakhand
- Sai Group of Institute
- Arihant Group of Institutions, Haridwar, Uttarakhand
You’re ready to serve your services in the health sector, you must know about your career growth in the medical field.
After completion of ANM diploma, 99.8% of students got employment on an average starting salary of ₹10000/- per month. Professional may get the salary from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 30000 as per the profile.
After the completion of ANM you can go for the higher studies such as GNM. There is various career opportunity in India as well as in other countries. You can find the job in the following fields:
- Rural Health Centers
- Government hospitals
- Old age homes
- Government health schemes
- Community Health Centers
- Government dispensaries
- Nursing Homes
- Private hospitals/clinics
ANM Job Profile
|Community Health Worker|
|Home Care Nurse|
|Community Health Nurse|
Salary Package of ANM Diploma Holders
ANM diploma holder get salary package ranges from ₹1.2 lakhs to ₹3.5 lakhs per year. This salary package depends upon on the reputation of the institution or hospital the aspirant is employed at, the aspirant’s seniority, experience and diligence at the workplace.
Average Salary of ANM Diploma Holder Profiles Based on Experience