- Paramedical Course List
- Admission Procedure
- How to Apply
- Top Paramedical Colleges
- Entrance Exam
A paramedical course means attaining a professional degree of medical assistance by learning the complete process. And, these professionals are known as Paramedics. Paramedical courses are Job oriented courses and these are directly related to the Nursing, Pharmacy, and Medicine as a Healthcare sector. They have the capability to diagnose any disease in a human body with the help of blood tests, X-ray, MRI, Citi scan, Ultrasound, etc. The Common areas where these paramedics work is in the management of fracture, spinal injury, burn assessment, and during general accident case. In addition, they actually support doctors in providing better treatment by doing various medical checkups and therapies.
- Increased immense scope in the field of health care
- Duration of degree courses is 3-4 years, diploma & certificate courses are of 6 Months-3 Yrays.
- Thousands of jobs for health care field releases every year
- Saralary : 2 lac – 10 lac CTC per annum
To Know More Register For Free Counseling :
After 12th students can join degree, diploma & certificate courses in Paramedical area. The duration of degree courses is 3-4 years, while diploma & certificate courses are of 6-15 Months. A student needs at least 50% marks from a recognized board. Here we provide the complete list of Paramedical courses after 12th.
|Course Name||Duration||Free Counseling|
|B.Sc MLT||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. Perfusion Technology||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in Ophthalmic Techniques||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc in Critical care technology||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in Radiography||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc in Anesthesia Technology||3 Year||Interested|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy||4 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in OTT (Operation Theatre Technology)||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc Nursing||4 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in Renal Dialysis Technology||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in Optometry||3 Year||Interested|
|Bachelor of Nephropathy and Yoga Science||5 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in Medical Record Technology||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in X-Ray Technology||3 Year||Interested|
|Bachelor of Radiation Technology||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in Medical Imaging Technology||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc Nuclear Medicine Technology||3 Year||Interested|
|Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (BASLP)||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc (Respiratory Therapy Technology)||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc (Allied Health Services)||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc in Dialysis Therapy||3 Year||Interested|
|General Nursing Midwifery (GNM)||3 Year||Interested|
|Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery (ANM)||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Physiotherapy||2 Year||Interested|
|Dialysis Technician Diploma||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in X-Ray Technology||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Occupational Therapy||3 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Medical Imaging Technology||3 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Dialysis Technology||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in OT Technician||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Anaesthesia||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Hear Language and Speech||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Rural Health Care||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Dental Hygienist||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Medical Record Technology||1 Year||Interested|
|PG Diploma in Gynecology and Obstetrics||1 Year||Interested|
|Certificate in Dialysis Technician||1 Year||Interested|
|Certificate in ECG and CT Scan Technician||1 Year||Interested|
|X-Ray Technician Certificate||1 Year||Interested|
|HIV and Family Education Certificate||1 Year||Interested|
|Rural Health Care Certificate||1 Year||Interested|
|Certificate in Nutrition and Childcare||1 Year||Interested|
|Certificate in Operation Theatre Assistant||1 Year||Interested|
The first step before thinking about a career in the Paramedical Field is to check the eligibility. Whether its BSc , Diploma in Paramedical techniques or Certificate in Paramedical techniques, each of them have their own & different eligibility criteria.
- First of all, candidates should be at least 17 years of age.
- Students must clear 10+2 in Science (PCB) & English exam with minimum 45% marks in any stream, to get admission in UG Courses.
- Students can avail the admission in the Paramedical course of various courses only on the basis of merit.
- Some of the Paramedical Science institutes in India organize entrance tests for the students to take admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned tests, there are a number of other entrance tests including NEET, PMT etc.
- There are numerous popular Paramedical institutes in India from where students can pursue the course.
- The admission may be followed by the interview (vary from college to college) or counseling.
- Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria of the program.
- Students must fill the examination form before the deadline.
- Candidates can register themselves online and offline by downloading from (depending on college to college).
- Registration does not guarantee admission.
- Some of them include RIT Roorkee, RR Institutions Bangalore, UHITM Dehradun, BFIT Dehradun, DBU Chandigarh, SVIET Chandigarh, MMDU Jalandar, ITM University, Sai Group of Colleges, Uttranchal PG College of Bio-medical Sciences, Dehradun.
To Know More Register For Free Counseling :
Applying for any Paramedical Course isn’t a difficult task. You just need to follow the below-mentioned steps carefully:-
- Students need to select in what branch of paramedical they want to make a career.
- After selecting the right branch, students are required to choose the duration and type of branch. It could be either degree, diploma, or a certificate course in that particular branch of the paramedical course.
- After deciding the duration of the course, students need to check the eligibility criteria of that particular course. Each degree, diploma, and certificate of paramedical branch has different eligibility criteria. Reviewing this section (Eligibility) first and then applying for the course will save you lots of time.
- Apply for the course from your preferable college. If the college allows admission on the basis of merit, then it’s okay, but if not, then you will have to appear in college demanded entrance examination. Various Universities require entrance exam marks to consider the candidate for admission.
- Firstly, fill the Application form very carefully because if you submit the form with the mistake then it will be canceled.
- After filling the form, submit the all required documents and submit them.
- Pay the registration fee through the Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card.
- Take minimum 3-4 copies of the form for the future reference
To Know More Register For Free Counseling :
Below mention colleges are the top Paramedical colleges in India –
|S.No.||College Name||Free Counseling|
|2||Desh Bhagat University, Chandigarh||Interested|
|5||Uttaranchal PG College of Bio-Medical Sciences & Hospital||Interested|
|6||Doon PG College of Agriculture Science Technology, Dehradun||Interested|
|9||Himgiri Zee University (HZU), Dehradun||Interested|
|11||SGRR University, Dehradun||Interested|
|12||Care College of Nursing, Haridwar||Interested|
|13||Arihant Group of Ibstitutions, Haridwar||Interested|
|14||Quadra Group of Institutions, Roorkee||Interested|
|15||OM Group of Institutions, Roorkee||Interested|
|16||Doon Ayurveda Medical College, Saharnpur||Interested|
|18||Koshyas Group of indtitutions, Bangalore||Interested|
|19||Dolfin Institute of Bio-Medical Sciences||Interested|
|20||Doon PG Group of Colleges, Dehradun||Interested|
|21||Sai Group of Institutionsl, Dehradun||Interested|
|22||Sri Devraj Urs Medical College, Karnataka||Interested|
|23||Bhagwant Global University||Interested|
|24||Graphic Era Deemed university, Dehradun||Interested|
|25||DBIT Group of Institutions, Dehradun||Interested|
NEET PG: NEET-PG is being conducted by the national board of examination every year. Candidate interested in MS/ MD or other PG courses should participate in this exam, this exam every year happens in the month of Jan & registration for this exam starts in Aug onwards.
DSAT: Dayanand Sagar University Bangalore conducts its own entrance name as DSAT to offer admission in paramedical courses. This exam happens in the month of April & May every year. Students interested in UG & PG courses can register online & apply.
EPSI National Admission Test: Education Promotion Society of India conducts EPSI national admission test, popularly known as ENAT. This exam is unique in nature as after finishing their exam students can immediately see their scores. ENAT being conducted in the first week of April every year.
MH CET: MH CET is state level entrance exam conducted by Govt of Maharashtra every year. Students interested in MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BPT, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, BASLP, Bsc Nursing Courses can apply for the exam.
BHU PMT: Banaras Hindu University Located in Varanasi conducts its entrance exam commonly known as BHU PMT. In order to participate students should be 12th Passed in PCB with minimum 50% marks in general category and 40% in the reserved category.
AIIMS : To give admission in its courses AIIMS conducts this test. The exam happens in the year in the month of May & the application starts in Feb. Students interested in taking admission in AIIMS can register online for this particular exam.
Scope Of Paramedical Courses After 12th
As we all know, the requirements of Paramedical professionals like Nursing Assistant, Lab Technicians, Radiology Technicians, Physiotherapist, and Pharmacists will surely increase. According to a report, the Indian Paramedical sector will increase with a growth rate of 16.6% percent in the coming 5 yrs.
Required Skills in the Paramedical Sector
- A person should be an excellent presence of mind to take correct decisions in an emergency as they have to work in rotational shifts.
- He/she should be physically fit and perfect to take precautionary measures in case of any injury to the people.
- A person should be willing to work late at night and on weekends.
- He/she have a clear mindset, quick decision-maker, and excellent communication skills.
Top 10 Jobs After Paramedical Courses
- Geriatric Manager
- Lab Technicians
- Prosthetic and Orthotic Engineering
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
Salary after Paramedical courses
The salary structure in the Paramedical field largely depends on the organization as well as the individual’s experience and skills. Salary packages in this field vary as per job profiles.
- A Radiology Technician can start their career with Rs 10,000 per month. With the experience, he can get up to Rs 50,000 per month.
- An average salary of a Healthcare Assistant varies between Rs. 5,000/- to Rs. 15,000/- per month.
- Dialysis Technicians can get remuneration from Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 50,000/- per month.
- An average salary structure of a Lab Technician is in between Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 70,000/-.
- These pay structures will increase with experience and talent.
Paramedical Course Recruiters In India
A Paramedical graduate can get a job in top organizations like:-
- Sri Ganga Ram Hospital
- Batra Hospital
- Jaypee Hospital
- Medanta Hospital
- Fortis Hospital
- Nanavati Hospital
- Manipal Hospital
- MaxCure Hospital
- GTB hospitals
- Dr. Lal Path Labs
- SAROJ Super Specialty Hospital
- Apollo Hospital
Ques: What are the Paramedical courses & what exactly will we study in it?
Ans: Paramedical Courses are job oriented academic programs related to the healthcare sector and industry. You will acquire the necessary skills in this course to assist doctors as health care professionals. Nursing, Pharmacy & Medicine are some of the fields you’ll study in this course.
Ques: How to apply for Paramedical Courses?
Ans: For admission in Paramedical courses, you may need to appear in an entrance examination like AIIMS. Some Institutes may allow admission on the basis of merit. For more details, check out the Admission Process on this article.
Ques: What is the scope of the Paramedical Course after 12th?
Ans: Because of the increasing health problems, the need for assisting health professionals have also increased. This simply proves that you won’t have any trouble in grabbing a nicely paying Job/Placement after completing a Paramedical course after 12th.
Ques: How much salary can we expect after paramedical courses?
Ans: Usually, paramedical professionals earn a satisfactory salary package, as most of it depends on your skills and experience. Still, as a fresher, you can achieve around 3-3.5 lacs P/A very easily, which will rise along with your time and expertise in the industry.
Ques: Is NEET Entrance Exam necessary for admission in Paramedical Course?
Ans: No, NEET is not compulsory for paramedical admissions. NEET is only required for MBBS & BDS. But Paramedical offering Universities usually hold separate entrance examination for these courses.
Online Admission strats in the top ranked colleges.