Top Demanding Course –B.Sc Operation Theater / B.SC OT
Full Form of B.Sc OT –Bachelor of Science in Operation Theater
B.Sc OT Course Duration –3½ Years
Level of B.Sc OT –Regular Undergraduate Degree Program
B.Sc OT Course Designed For –To learn Managing & Monitoring of an Operation Theater.
B.Sc OT Admission Process –Direct Admission/Entrance Exam by Univ(State/Govt.)
B.Sc OT Course Fee –60K – 90K per year
- Standard – 12th or Equivalent Examination
- Stream – Science
- Core Subjects – Physics, Chemistry & Biology or Maths Subjects with English
- Percentage – 45%
- Board – Recognized Board/ State Open School/NIOS
- Entrance Exam – State Level or College or University Level Entrance Exam
- Minimum Age Limit – 17 Years at the time of admission or on 31st December of year of admission
- Upper Age Limit – 35 Years, 5 Years age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC category
B.Sc OT- Bachelor of Science in Operation Theater (3½ Years)
Bachelor of Science in Operation Theater (B.Sc.OT) or B.Sc Operation Theater is a 3½ year undergraduate regular degree program (3 years Academics+6 Month Internship) designed to teach an advanced techniques for the operation theater management & manage the patients as well as for monitoring the ins and outs of an operation theater
Following are the requirements of an OT assistant
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and difficult situations
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work as a part of a team
Eligibility Criteria of B.Sc Operation Theater (B.Sc OT) Admission
- The minimum educational requirements shall be 10 + 2 in Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics) PCB or PCM and English Core/English Elective with 45% passing marks from recognized Board.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
- The maximum age for admission shall be 35 years and 5 Years age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC category candidate.
LATEST APPLICATION FORMS 2020
B.Sc Operation Theater (B.Sc OT) Curriculum/Syllabus
Bachelor in Operation Theater Technology or B.Sc Operation Theater or B.Sc OT Syllabus
B.Sc OT curriculum is dividing into 3 years academics & 6 months of internship –
- Basic of Computer
- Principles of Management
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Clinical Microbiology
- Medical Ethics
- Medicine outline
- Principles of Anaesthesia
- Basic Anaesthetic techniques
- Basics of Surgery
- CSSD Procedures
- Regional anesthetic techniques
- Anaesthesia for specialty Surgeries
Note – Syllabus may vary according to the universities
Top B.Sc Operation Theater (B.Sc OT) Colleges/Universities
There are some top nursing colleges or universities we mentioned for your bright future: –
- Desh Bhagat University, Fatehgarh Shib, Punjab
- Bhagwant Global University, Kotdwar Uttarakhand
- Swami Vivekanand Group of Institutions (SVIT), Chandigarh, Punjab
- Combined Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Uttaranchal (PG) college of Bio-Medical Sciences & Hospital, Dehradun, Uttarakjand
- Sai Group of Institution, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Arihant Group of Institutions, Haridwar, Uttarakhand
B.Sc Operation Theater (B.Sc OT) Employability
Operation Theatre assistants work as a part of a team in government as well as private hospitals and clinics having surgical wards. They work with nurses, doctors, surgeons, anesthetists and other administrative staff. They need to be calm and reassuring, be able to follow the procedures efficiently.
After completion of B.Sc Operation Theater course, 99.8% of students got employment on an average starting salary of ₹25000/- per month. Professional may get the salary from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 60,000 as per the profile.
B.Sc Operation Theater (B.Sc OT) Scope
After the completion of B.Sc OT you can go for the higher studies such as M.Sc OT Technician. There is various career opportunity in India as well as in other countries. You can find the job in the government as well as private hospitals.
Duties & Tasks of a Operation Theatre Technician
- transport patients to and from the theatre and wards.
- assist in preparing operating rooms for surgery.
- set up, check, connect and adjust surgical equipment.
- provide technical assistance to surgeons, surgical nurses and anaesthetists.
Operation Theater Technician Job Profile
|Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists|
|Teacher & Lecturer|