- Increased immense scope in the field of Technological Agriculture
- Duration of degree courses is 4 years, diploma & certificate courses are of 6-15 Months
- Thousands of jobs for Agriculture field releases every year
- Salary : 2 lac – 10 lac CTC per annum
To Know More Register For Free Counseling :
After 12th students can join degree, diploma & certificate courses in Agriculture. The duration of degree courses is 4 years, while diploma & certificate courses are of 6-15 Months. Here we provide the complete list of Agriculture courses after 12th.
|Course Name||Duration||Free Counseling|
|B.Sc Agriculture||4 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc Agriculture (Hons)||4 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc Agriculture Integrated (Hons)||6 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc Horticulture||4 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc Horticulture (Hons)||4 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc Forestry||4 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc Forestry (Hons)||4 Year||Interested|
|B.Voc. in Horticulture Science||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. Agribusiness Management||3 Year||Interested|
|B. Sc. in Commercial Agriculture and Business Management||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc Fisheries||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc Fisheries (Hons)||3 Year||Interested|
|B.E. or B.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering||4 Year||Interested|
|B.E. or B.Tech. in Agricultural Information Technology||4 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in Dairy Science||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in Plant Science||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in Agricultural Biotechnology||3 Year||Interested|
|B.E. or B.Tech. in Dairy Technology||4 Year||Interested|
|B.E. or B.Tech. in Agriculture and Dairy Technology||4 Year||Interested|
|B.E. or B.Tech. in Agricultural and Food Engineering||4 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in Agriculture and Food Science||3 Year||Interested|
|B.SC. in Poultry Science||3 Year||Interested|
|B.Sc. in Plant Pathology||3 Year||Interested|
|BBA in Agriculture Management||3 Year||Interested|
|M.Sc. – Horticulture- Fruit Production and Post Harvest Technology||2 Year||Interested|
|M.Sc Agriculture||2 Year||Interested|
|M.Sc Plant Breeding & Genetics||2 Year||Interested|
|M.Sc Seed Science & Technology||2 Year||Interested|
|M.Sc Plant Pathology||2 Year||Interested|
|M.Sc Agronomy||2 Year||Interested|
|M.Sc Molecular Biology and Biotechnology||2 Year||Interested|
|M.Sc Genetics||2 Year||Interested|
|M.Sc Horticulture||2 Year||Interested|
|M.Sc Forestry||2 Year||Interested|
|M.Sc Fisheries||2 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Mushroom Cultivation||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Veterinary & Livestock Development||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Veterinary Pharmacist||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Dairy Technology||1 Year||Interested|
|Food Processing Diploma||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma – Agriculture||3 Year||Interested|
|Diploma Course in Hybrid Seed Production Technology||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Horticulture Nursery Management||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Mushroom Technology||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Commercial Seed Production||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Organic Farming||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Water Resource Management||1 Year||Interested|
|Diploma in Plant Protection and Pesticide Management||1 Year||Interested|
|Certificate in Horticulture||3-4 Months||Interested|
|Certificate in Fish Farming||6 Months||Interested|
|Certificate in Floriculture||6 Months||Interested|
|Certificate in Aquaculture||6-7 Months||Interested|
|Certificate Course in Food & Beverage Service||6 Months||Interested|
The first step before thinking about a career in the Agriculture Industry is to check the eligibility. Whether its BSc in Agriculture, Diploma in Agriculture or Certificate in Agriculture, each of them have their own & different eligibility criteria.
- First of all, candidates should be at least 17 years of age.
- Students must clear 10+2 exam with minimum 45% marks in any stream, to get admission in UG Courses.
- Students can avail the admission in the agriculture course of various courses only on the basis of merit.
- Some of the Agriculture Science institutes in India organize entrance tests for the students to take admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned tests, there are a number of other entrance tests including KEAM, EAMCET etc.
- There are numerous popular Agriculture institutes in India from where students can pursue the course.
- Some of them include RIT Roorkee, RR Institutions Bangalore, DBIT Group of Institutions,UHITM Dehradun, Graphic Era University, Petroleum University, UTU Dehradun, Quantum University, Maya Group of Colleges Dehradun, BFIT Dehradun, DBU Chandigarh, SVIET Chandigarh, MMDU Jalandar, Bangalore Institute of Technology, ITM University.
To Know More Register For Free Counseling :
Applying for any Agriculture Course isn’t a difficult task. You just need to follow the below-mentioned steps carefully:-
- Students need to select in what branch of agriculture they want to make a career.
- After selecting the right branch, students are required to choose the duration and type of branch. It could be either degree, diploma, or a certificate course in that particular branch of the agriculture course.
- After deciding the duration of the course, students need to check the eligibility criteria of that particular course. Each degree, diploma, and certificate of agriculture branch has different eligibility criteria. Reviewing this section (Eligibility) first and then applying for the course will save you lots of time.
- Apply for the course from your preferable college. If the college allows admission on the basis of merit, then it’s okay, but if not, then you will have to appear in college demanded entrance examination. Various Universities require entrance exam marks to consider the candidate for admission.
- Firstly, fill the Application form very carefully because if you submit the form with the mistake then it will be canceled.
- After filling the form, submit the all required documents and submit them.
- Pay the registration fee through the Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card.
- Take minimum 3-4 copies of the form for the future reference
To Know More Register For Free Counseling :
Below mention colleges are the top agriculture colleges in India
|S.No.||College Name||Free Counseling|
|2||Desh Bhagat University, Chandigarh||Interested|
|5||Uttaranchal PG College of Bio-Medical Sciences & Hospital||Interested|
|6||Doon PG College of Agriculture Science Technology, Dehradun||Interested|
|7||Graphic Era University, Dehradun||Interested|
|8||Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutions, Dehradun||Interested|
|9||Himgiri Zee University (HZU), Dehradun||Interested|
|10||Uttaranchal University(UU), Dehradun||Interested|
|11||Quantum University, Dehradun||Interested|
|13||RR Institutions, Bangalore||Interested|
|14||Maya Group of Institutions||Interested|
|17||SGRR University, Dehradun||Interested|
|20||Koshyas Group of indtitutions, Bangalore||Interested|
|21||Bangalore Group of Institutions, Bangalore||Interested|
|22||Dolfin Institute of Bio-Medical Sciences||Interested|
|23||Doon PG Group of Colleges, Dehradun||Interested|
|24||Sai Group of Institutionsl, Dehradun||Interested|
Here are some entrance exams for Hotel Management, that you need to qualify, even after passing the eligibility test:-
ICAR AIEEA: This entrance exam is being conducted by the National Testing Agency. It is a national level examination that lets students have admission in Undergraduate and Post-Graduate agriculture courses. In May, application forms get released each year, and the exam held in June.
BCECE: This state-level exam organized by the Bihar board is known as Bihar Combined Entrance Competetive Examination. After attending this entrance test, students can get pursue BSc Agriculture from the colleges of Bihar.
KCET: The Karnataka Examination Authority is a popular examination held in April. After appearing in this examination, students can get admission to some of the most renowned colleges of Karnataka.
KEAM: The state-level entrance test ‘Kerala Engineering, Agriculture, and Medical’ helps students in attaining admissions in Engineering and Agriculture offering courses. The application form of this test usually releases in February.
MP PAT: For getting admission to one of the best colleges of Madhya Pradesh, it is mandatory to appear in Madhya Pradesh Pre-Agriculture Test. This exam is organized by the MP Professional Exam Board for students willing to pursue BSc or B.Tech Agriculture.
JCECE: For securing admission in the first year degree level courses of Agriculture from colleges of Jharkhand, the student should appear in the state level JCECE examination conducted by the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competetive Examination Board. The Application form usually releases in April.
AP EAMCET: For admission in Agriculture, Engineering, Pharmacy, etc. of several colleges of Andra Pradesh, students must appear in the AP EAMCET entrance test. This state-level test is conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (Kakinada)
Currently, there is a wide scope and unbeatable demand for trained professionals in the industry of Agriculture. For science students, a career in Agriculture is at its peak. Students can select and pursue any branch in agriculture as per their interest. There is n number of options like Horticulture, Aquaculture, Poultry Farming, Food Science, Animal Science, Floriculture, Soil Science, etc.
Self-employment and entrepreneurship options are also beneficial after completing education in an agriculture course. Many of the successful graduates are running agricultural farms, poultry farms, breeding labs and farms, Agro products shops, etc.
Some Sectors to look for Job after Agriculture Course
- Estates and Tea Gardens
- Agro-Industry Sector
- Agricultural Engineering
- Services Sector
- Agricultural Management
- Farms of Poultry, Breeding, and Florists
- Horticulture and Floriculture Industries
- Aquaculture State Wise Departments
After completing the course in the Agriculture field, you can apply for jobs in the Government and Private sectors.Here check the Job opportunities in Agriculture field–
- Crop Specialists
- Fertilizer sales representative
- Food Microbiologists
- Plant Geneticist
- Soil Surveyor
- Farm Manager
- Rice Breeder
- Seed Technologist
- Marketing Executive
- Marketing Executive
Salary after Agriculture Courses
Agriculture Sector rewards satisfying salary packages to hard and smart working candidates. Many private and public organizations hire agricultural graduates in groups to fulfill the increasing need for skilled persons in agro-industry. After completing a BSc in Agriculture, you can earn around 3-4 lacs P/A as a graduate in India.
Ques: I have an interest in both, but I am confused between what I should choose as a stable career prospective. Horticulture or Aquaculture?
Ans: You don’t need to confuse, as both of these fields are way different from each other and are carrying countless opportunities. You can pursue a job in both of the areas with a minimum package of approx 3-3.5 lacs per annum, or you can be an entrepreneur and can start your own business using your skills.
Ques: How much marks criteria do I need to fulfill for getting admission to a BSc Agriculture college after 12th?
Ans: For admission in any BSc Agriculture college, you need to score at least 45% in the main science stream subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Bio/Maths. Some colleges also demand entrance examination marks, so there may be some chances that you need to appear in an entrance exam for admission in BSc Agriculture Course.
Ques: In this modern era, are there still any chances of growth as a fisheries’ inspector?
Ans: There is an endless growth in fisheries. The consumption rate of fish is high in India, but in foreign nations, it is way more than you think. A graduate in BSc Fisheries has a bunch of opportunities in domestic as well as international sectors.
Ques: How much minimum package can we expect after completing a Diploma in Agriculture Management type courses?
Ans: Whether its diploma or its a certificate, any candidate with specific skills can acquire a well-paying job in the agriculture sector. Still, a candidate just after completing a diploma in agriculture management can expect a salary with an annual package of 2.5-3 lacs.
Online Admission strats in the top ranked colleges.