Top Demanding Course – GNM
Full Form of GNM – General Nursing and Midwifery
GNM Course Duration – 3 Years
Degree Level of GNM – Diploma Program
GNM Course Designed For – To learn Nursing Concepts in Cure
GNM Admission Process – Direct Admission/Entrance Exam by Univ(State/Govt.)
GNM Course Fee – 60K – 80K per year
- Standard – 12th /ANM/LHV/Vocational Stream-Health Care Science/Equivalent Exam
- Stream – Science or Arts
- Core Subjects – Any Subjects with English
- Percentage – 40% , 5% is relaxed for SC/ST candidates
- Board – Recognized Board/ State Open School/ NIOS
- Entrance Exam – State Level or College or University Level Entrance Exam
- Minimum Age Limit – 17 Years at the time of admission or on 31st December of year of admission
- Upper Age Limit – 35 Yrs,No Age Bar for ANM/LHV, 5 Yr age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC category
GNM – General Nursing and Midwifery (3 years)
GNM is a Diploma Program in the field of healthcare awarded after the completion of the 3 year Academics program with 6 months Internship in Hospitals. The General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) run by various government as well private nursing collages approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC) & State Nurses & Midwives Council.
GNM program is draw for those who wish to see their profession in clinical nursing. It deals with the education of nurses in general health care, nursing, and midwifery. The curriculum learns to students, about the care and health recovery of persons who are sick or injured.
GNM is one of the most demanding professional/vocational course that have many options for higher education as well as job opportunities.Top of Form
Eligibility Criteria of GNM Admission
- 10+2 with English with 40% minimum marks at the qualifying examination
- English individually for any recognized board.
- Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government.
- 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing council.
- 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in Vocational Stream-Health care Science from a recognized CBSE board/ Center.
- Registered ANM with pass mark.
- For foreign nationals
- The entry qualification equivalency i.e., 12th standard will be obtained by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- For disabled candidates: 3% Disability reservation to be considered with a disability of locomotor to the tune of 40% to 50% of the lower extremity and other eligibility criteria with regard to age and qualification will be same as prescribed for each nursing program.
- 5% is relaxed for SC/ST candidates.
- Any other quotas as per the State Govt. under the reservation policy
The academic curriculum covered the healthcare necessity of the family and communities. The main objective of the curriculum is to prepare nurses to work in various areas of Health. GNM curriculum is dividing into three years and 6 months of internship is mandatory –
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- First Aid
- Personal Hygiene
- Medical-Surgical Nursing I
- Communicable Diseases
- Ear, Nose, and Throat
- Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Computer Education
- Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing
- Community Health Nursing – II
- Pediatric Nursing
Top GNM Colleges/Universities
There are some top GNM colleges or universities we mentioned for your bright future:-
- Desh Bhagat University, Fatehgarh Shib, Punjab
- Bhagwant Global University, Kotdwar Uttarakhand
- Combined Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Uttaranchal (PG) college of Bio-Medical Sciences & Hospital, Dehradun, Uttarakjand
- Qudra Group of Institution, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- OM Group of Institutions, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- Care College of Nursing, Haridwar, Uttrakhand
- Sai Group of Institution Dehradun
- Arihant Group of Institutions, Haridwar, Uttarakhand
You’re ready to serve your services for humanity before that you must be know about the scope of GNM so that you could become specialist in it for your career growth.
Six months after diploma, 99.8% of our GNM students got employment on an average starting salary of ₹20000/- per month. Professional may get the salary from Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 50000 as per the profile.
After the completion of GNM you can go for the higher studies such as Staff Nursing Course or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing. There is various career opportunity in India as well as in other countries. You can find the job in the following fields:
- Rural Health Centers
- Government hospitals
- Old age homes
- Government health schemes
- Community Health Centers
- Government dispensaries
- Nursing Homes
- Private hospitals/clinics
There are various jobs in India as well as in other countries. Such as: –
|GNM Job Profile|
|Community health Worker|
|Certified Nursing Assistant|
|Senior – Nurse Educator|
|Home Care Nurse|
|Teacher – Nursing School|
|Community Health Nurse|
Salary Package of GNM Diploma Holders
GNM diploma holder get salary package ranges from ₹2.4 lakhs to ₹5.2 lakhs per year. This salary package depends upon on the reputation of the institution or hospital the aspirant is employed at, the aspirant’s seniority, experience and diligence at the workplace.
Average Salary of GNM Diploma Holder Profiles Based on Experience