Top Demanding Course – BAMS
Full Form of BAMS – Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
Course Duration – 5½ Years Regular Degree Program
Degree Level of BAMS – Undergraduate Degree program
BAMS Course Designed For – To learn Ayurvedic Concepts in Cure
BAMS Admission Process – Direct Admission/Entrance Exam by Univ (State/Govt.)
BAMS Course Fee – ₹205600/- – ₹250000/- per year
- Standard – 12th or Equivalent
- Stream – Science
- Core Subjects – PCB (Physics+Chemistry+Biology) & English
- Board – Recognized Board
- Entrance Exam – NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)/State Level Test
- Minimum Age Limit – 17 Years at the time of admission or on 31st December of year of admission
- Upper Age Limit – 25 Years at the time of admission, 5 Year age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC category
BAMS – Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery Degree Program
BAMS is a 5½ year undergraduate degree program. As per the curriculum of BAMS there is 4½ year academics in the University/college campus and 1 year internship in Hospitals.
क्वचिद् अर्थः क्वचिन धर्मः
Somewhere the professional may get money, Some where the profession becomes just Dharma of service to society
क्वचिन मैत्री क्वचिन यशः
Some where it creates friendship Somewhere it gives name and fame
कर्माभ्यासः क्वचिन चेति चिकित्सा नास्ति निष्फलाः
and if none of the above is available it will certainly produce the practical experience of studied material. Accordingly, the profession of treatment is never fruitless.
After successfully completion of professional degree you can go for the further studies like MD in Ayurveda, MS in Ayurveda or you can enroll in PG Diploma in any specialization such as Panchakarma, Balaroga, Kayachikitsa, etc. or you can join any research work.
After awarded BAMS degree graduates referred to by the title “Vaidyar” or “Doctor” and use the prefix “Vr.” or “Dr.” with their name.
LATEST APPLICATION FORMS 2020
Eligibility Criteria of BAMS
Student can get admission in BAMS Course after qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination in Medical Stream with 50% minimum marks obtaining in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as a core subjects from the recognized board
Also qualifying the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) or State Level Examinations by securing minimum qualifying cutoff percentile, NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) or State Level Examinations such as: OJEE (Odisha Joint Entrance Examination) KEAM 2020 (Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical) , GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test), BVP CET (Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test), IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test).
He/She should be 17 years old on or before the time of admission. The upper age limit is 25 years at the time of admission. The upper age limit relaxation for ST/SC/OBC candidates is of 5 years.
BAMS is a study of Ayurveda with latest medical techniques. BAMS curriculum having the three professional sections of 1½ years –
Students learn subjects in the three Professional Sections: –
- Anatomy, Physiology and History of Ayurvedic System
- Toxicology and Pharmacology
- Surgery, ENT, Skin, Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Syllabus of Ayurvedacharya (BAMS) Course
Top BAMS Colleges/Universities
- Desh Bhagat University, Fatehgarh Shib, Punjab
- Qudra Group of Institution, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- OM Group of Institutions, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- Shalya – Samanya
- Shalya – Kshar Evum Anushastra Karm
- Shalakya Netra Roga Shalakya – Danta Evum Mukha Roga
- Shalakya – Shiro-Nasa-Karna Evum Kantha Roga
- Asa Shastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana
- Rasayan & Vajikaran
- Ayurved Samhita & Siddhanta
- Asthi Sandhi & Marmagat Roga
- Padartha Vigyan
- Sharir Rachana
- Sharir Kriya
- Swasth Vritta
- Rasa Shastra
- Agad Tantra
- Rog & Vikriti Vigyan
- Charak Samhita Prasuti and Stri Roga
- Kaumara Bhritya
- Shallya Tantra
- Shalakya Tantra
- Charak Samhita
These are eight major specialization :-
- Kayachikitsa (General Medicine)
- Balachikitsa (Obstectrics / Pediatrics)
- Graha Chikitsa (Psychiatry)
- Salya Chikitsa (Surgery)
- Salakya Chikitsa (ENT & Cephalic Diseases)
- Visha Chikitsa (Toxicology)
- Rasayana (Rejuvenation Therapy)
- Vajeekarana (Aphrodisiac Treatment)
After the completion of BAMS there are various career opportunity in India as well as in other countries. BAMS graduate can do the –
- To open own private dispensary.
- To open their private Nursing Home.
- Job in the government Ayurveda hospital.
- To open their own retail store of Ayurveda medicines.
- Teaching in the private and government Ayurveda Institutes
Research because various national or international organizations are functioning to manufacture the medicine and research in this field.
Ayurvedic professional may get the salary from Rs. 20000 to Rs. 50000 as per the profile
|Jr. Clinical Trial Coordinator|
|Business Development Officer|
|Area Sales Manager|
|Assistant Claim Manager Health|
|Manager – Internal Audit|
Average Salary of B.Sc Nursing Graduate Profiles Based on Experience