Most Popular Course – PBSC, BScN(PB), B.Sc, PBSc(N)
Full Form of PBSC – General Nursing and Midwifery
PBSC Course Duration – 2 Years for Regular, 3 Years for Distance
Degree Level of PBSC – Undergraduate Nursing Degree Program
PBSC Course Designed For – To Trained Registered Nurses
PBSC Admission Process – Direct Admission/Entrance Exam by Univ(State/Govt.)
PBSC Course Fee – 70K – 90K per year
- Standard – 12th or Equivalent Exam + GNM + RNRM Registration
- Stream – Science or Arts
- Core Subjects – Any Subjects with English
- Percentage – 40%
- Board – Recognized University
- Entrance Exam – State Level or College or University Level Entrance Exam
- Minimum Age Limit – No Age Bar for GNM Candidates
- Upper Age Limit – No Age Bar
P.B.Sc – Post Basic B.Sc Nursing (2 years)
Post Basic Nursing is an Undergraduate Degree Program in the field of healthcare awarded after the completion of the 2 years Academics program for regular candidates, or 3 years Academics program for distance mode students ,including Internship in Hospitals. Post Basic Nursing also referred by P.B.Sc or PBSC(N) or B.SCN(PB) or B.Sc or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing.
The Post Basic Nursing run by various government as well private nursing collages approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC) & State Nurses & Midwives Council. The course may also be available on a part-time basis in some institutes.
The course aimed is to trained registered nurses for competent in the standard nursing procedures followed in hospitals and medical facilities.
P.B BSc Nursing is one of the most demanding professional/vocational courses that have many options for higher education as well as job opportunities, those who already have some experience in the nursing field Top of Form
|For Free Counselling, Register Now|
Eligibility Criteria of P.B BSc Nursing Admission
- Passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the university for this purpose.
- Those who have done 10+1 in or before 1986, are eligible for admission.
- Obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council.
- A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas:
- O.T. Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological and Neuro surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
P.B BSc Nursing Curriculum/Syllabus
The academic curriculum is designed to enhance the knowledge of the registered nurses about dietetics in Indian health circumstances.
P.B BSc Nursing 1st Year Syllabus
- Nursing Foundation
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Biochemistry & Biophysics
- Maternal Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Medical & Surgical Nursing
- English (Qualifying)
P.B BSc Nursing 2nd Year Syllabus
- Community Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Introduction to Nursing
- Introduction to Nursing Administration
Top P.B BSc Nursing Colleges/Universities
There are some top nursing colleges or universities we mentioned, for your bright future:-
- Desh Bhagat University, Fatehgarh Shib, Punjab
- Care College of Nursing, Haridwar, Uttrakhand
- Arihant Group of Colleges, Haridwar, Uttarakhand
P.B BSc Nursing Employability
A qualified RN (Registered Nurse) is able to provide the services of supervising, preventive, motivative, therapeutic, and rehabilitative to the patients. After Post Basic Nursing you can go for the further studies or you can get job in private or government sector.
Six months after Graduation, 99.8% of our Post Basic Nursing students got employment on an average starting salary of ₹20000/- per month. Professional may get the salary from Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 50000 as per the profile.
P.B BSc Nursing Scope
After the completion of Post Basic Nursing you can go for the higher studies such as M.Sc Nursing or can go for a particular specialization by choosing any Post Basic Specialty (one-year diploma) courses on offer.
Specialisations are :
- Cardio Thoracic Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Emergency and Disaster Nursing
- Neonatal Nursing
- Neuro Nursing
- Nursing Education and Administration
- Oncology Nursing
- Operation Room Nursing
- Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Nursing
- Practitioner in Midwifery
- Psychiatric Nursing
There is various career opportunity in India as well as in other countries. You can find the job in the following fields:
- Rural Health Centers
- Government hospitals
- Old age homes
- Government health schemes
- Community Health Centers
- Government dispensaries
- Nursing Homes
- Private hospitals/clinics
|Nursing Assist. Supervisor|
|Home Care Nurses|
|Nurse – Nursery School|
|Nurse & Patient Educator|
|Junior Psychiatric Nurse|
|Ward Nurse & Infection Control Nurse|
Salary Package of P.B BSc Graduates
P.B. BSc graduates get salary package ranges from ₹2.4 lakhs to ₹7.2 lakhs per year. This salary package depends upon on the reputation of the institution or hospital the aspirant is employed at, the aspirant’s seniority, experience and diligence at the workplace.
Average Salary of P.B BSc Graduate Profiles Based on Experience