NEET 2023 application forms have been released by NTA on March 6. Candidates often get confused about the right procedure to fill the application form. This article of Shiksha.com brings the step-by-step process to complete the NEET 2023 registration process fill and submit the application form. Know the details here.
NEET 2023 application form has been released by NTA on March 6. The last date to submit the form is April 6, 11.50 PM. As the NEET UG application process 2023 has begun, aspirants are wondering about the correct procedure to fill the application form for NEET 2023. To help candidates, this article of Shiksha.com brings the step-by-step process to complete the NEET 2023 registration process fill and submit the application form.
The NEET 2023 application process is completely online. The process is divided into three to four steps, which are as follows:
- NEET 2023 Registration
- Filling the NEET 2023 Application Form
- Document Upload
- Payment of Fees
Let us take a look at each of these steps in
NEET 2023 Registration Process
The first and foremost step of the NEET 2023 application process is to register. The step-by-step process to complete NEET 2023 registration is given below:
- Visit the official website of NEET 2023 – neet.nta.nic.in
- Click on the ‘Register Now’ tab
- Click on the “Fill Registration Form” or the invitation for NEET UG 2023 Registration
- Click on ‘New Registration’ and read the instructions
- Enter the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- Persons with Disability
- Identification Type
- Valid Government Identity Card Number
- Present Address
- Permanent Address
- Mobile number
- Email Id
- Alternate Contact Number
- Choose Security Question and Answer
- Enter Security Pin
After this, candidates have to review the information entered and can either edit the registration form or click on ‘Submit and Send OTP’. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number which they will have to enter. This would generate the NEET 2023 Username and Password.
Factors to Select NEET 2023 Registration Password
While selecting the password, applicants should bear in mind the following factors:
- The number of characters should be between 8 to 13
- There should be at least one special character
- There should be at least one uppercase character
- There should be at least one lowercase character
- There should be at least one numerical character
List of Security Questions for NEET 2023 Registration Form
While filling the NEET 2023 registration form, candidates will have to select a Security Question and write the answer. The list of Security Questions are as follows:
- Which is your favourite book?
- Which is the website you rarely visit?
- What is the name of your first school?
- What is your neighbour’s pet name?
- What is the registration number of your first vehicle
Candidates are advised to select the most convenient question, the answer to which they can remember by heart.
How to Fill NEET 2023 Application Form?
Once the NEET registration process is complete, the next step is the most crucial one, to fill and submit the NEET 2023 application form. For this, they have to click on the ‘Complete Application Form’ tab. The form is divided into eight stages, which is listed below:
- Contact Details
- Personal Details
- Identification Details
- Exam City Selection
- Qualification Details
- Other Details
- Document Upload
- Final Submit
Let us now check each of the stages or information to be added under each stage in detail.
The Contact Details stage will appear as complete as the information has been already provided during the NEET 2023 registration process. The next stage, i.e. the Personal Details will be the next stage by default.
At this stage, the basic information will be pre-filled from the registration form details submitted. The other information to be entered are as follows:
- In case of female candidates, if she is the only child of her parents
- Select State/UT from where Class 12 or equivalent has been passed or appearing
- Candidate Category
- If PwD Category candidates have 40 per cent or more benchmark disability
- If Candidate is Diabetic
- Place of Residence
- Annual Family Income
- If Belongs to Minority
- Country of Residence
- Do you want to wear Customary Dress contrary to the Dress Code of NEET UG 2023?
- Mode of Preparation
- Security Pin
Based on the valid Government Identification Number provided by candidates, which can be either Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card or Passport, they will have to select any one of the given options:
- I voluntarily agree to share my Government Identification Number and am aware that it will be used to establish my identity for the NEET by matching my personal identification details available.
- My information in the Identity Card is not the same as entered in the Application Form.
- I am not willing to share my Government Identification Number.
Exam Medium and City Selection
The next stage is to select the NEET 2023 question paper medium and exam centre city. Based on the language of the exam opted by students along with their address, candidates will have to choose four states and cities in terms of their preference. On the same page, they will have to enter their parents’ occupations and qualifications from the drop-down menu. This will have to be followed by entering the Security Pin and clicking on ‘Save and Next’.
In this stage NEET 2023 application form, candidates will have to fill up a section about their Class 10, Class 11 and Class 12 educational details and qualifications. The mandatory details or information that need to be entered in the form are as follows:
- Pass status
- Year of Pass/Appearing
- Qualifying exam
- Place of schooling
- Type of School/College
- Qualifying Examination State
- Qualifying Examination District
- School Board
- Result Mode
- Roll Number
- School/College name and address
- Obtained and total marks and Aggregate/CGPA
The additional information to be filled in the NEET application form are as follows:
- Did you ever appear in NEET (UG) examination?
- Place of birth (country)
- State and district of birth
Documents required for NEET 2023 Application Form
Candidates will have to upload documents such as photographs, signatures, thumb impressions and category certificates (if applicable) while filling the NEET 2023 application form. The document format and sizes are given in the table below.
|Documents||Size & Format|
|Scanned Photograph||10 Kb to 200 Kb (passport size)4″x6″, 10 kb to 200 kb (postcard size)JPG/JPEG|
|Scanned Signature||4 Kb to 30 KbJPG/JPEG|
|Scan of thumb impression||10 Kb to 200 KbJPG/JPEG|
|Class 10 Passing Certificate||50 kb to 300 kbPDF|
|Citizenship Certificate or Embassy Certificate||50 kb to 300 kbPDF|
NEET 2023 Application Fee Payment
The NEET 2023 application fee amount has been increased by INR 100 for each category. The following table brings the NEET 2023 application fee.
|Category||Application fee (In INR)|
|Other Backward Classes||1,600|
|Scheduled Caste /Scheduled Tribe, Persons with Disability||1,000|
The NEET 2023 application fee has to be paid in online mode only. The various modes of payment are as follows:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
NEET 2023 exam will be conducted on May 7, from 2 PM to 5.20 PM in over 500 cities in India and abroad. The NEET exam pattern and syllabus have remained the same as last year.