Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Medical College
Estb.: 1981 BRAMCCollege Kadugondanahalli Bangalore 560045
Affiliated: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
About The BRAMC Campus
Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College is a was established in 1981 by Ananda Social and Educational Trust. It is located in Kadugondanahalli, Bengaluru. The college is recognized by Medical Council of India and is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The architecture of college buildings attracts the attention of visitors.
The college faculties are highly qualified and have in-depth knowledge regarding the subjects. There are 18 disciplines in post-graduation course
Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College Highlights:
The highlights of the Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College like Established Year, Principal, Address, Recognitions, Affiliations, and the Programs offered are as follows:
|Year of Establishment||1981|
|Principal||Dr. SV Divakar|
|Address||Gandhi Nagar, Kadugondanahalli, Bengaluru|
|Affiliation||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate||Interested|
Approval, Recognition, Affiliation and Accreditation
Below is the list of accreditation and approvals the University has received:
- University Grants Commission [UGC]
- Association of Indian Universities [AIU]
- Medical Council of India [MCI]
- Indian Nursing Council [INC]
- Central Council for Indian Medicine [CCIM]
- All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE]
- Pharmacy Council of India [PCI]
- Indian Association of Physiotherapist [IAP]
- NAAC ‘B’
- Indian Council of Medical Research
Contact Details and Location
|ADDRESS :||College Kadugondanahalli Bangalore 560045|
Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College Courses:
Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the discipline of medicine. Major courses offered at Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College are MBBS, MD, MS.
Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates can apply for admission online. Students are shortlisted based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination. The following is the eligibility criteria for the courses offered at Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College.
|MBBS||Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in Science Stream from any recognized board with 50% aggregate|
|MD/ MS||Aspirants must have completed MBBS|
- The elegant and imposing college building with its beautiful architectural design attracts the attention of all visitors.
- The college has a central library with two separate blocks. One of the blocks works 24 hours throughout the year.
- The campus have audio-visual aids, Micro Film Reader, and internet facility to the students.
- The campus have central library rich from book bank, Photocopying, scanning for digitizing purpose and laser printing.
- There is canteen and coffee shop on the campus which provides hygienic multi-cuisine food.
- In-campus ATM facility available.
- It is well planned and accommodates the Administrative block, Trust office, Central Library,
- Pre-Clinical and Para-Clinical departments, Sports section .
- There is a modern OPD Block with clinical departments attached for teaching and research with an auditorium and cultural dept.
- The hospital with 780 beds is also situated on the campus.
- Also on campus are the School and college of Nursing,
- Institute of Physiotherapy, Paramedical Courses, and the Gents and Ladies Hostels, Staff quarters, Cafeteria, Pharmacy, Central Lab, Animal House, ATM and post-mortem block.
Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College Hostel Details:
- The college provides hostel accommodation for men and women students. The hostel rooms are spacious.
- There is a recreation room which has color television sets.
- The hostel atmosphere suits the students for learning.
- The students who are willing to stay in the hostel must apply to the concerned hostel warden.
- The hostel rooms are allotted by the hostel wardens.
- The Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College facilities provide all basic amenities.
- The hostels are safeguarded by the hostel wardens.
- There is a mess in the hostel which serves hygienic food for every students
The Central Library has 16500 books which comprises of text and reference in all medical specialities . It has 2 separate blocks and B block works 24 hours through out the year. The library is enriched with digital facilities and computer systems. Students, Faculty, Research workers, and other staff extensively make use of the facilities.
Readers have access to audio-visual aids, Micro Film Reader, and internet facility. Electronic databases viz. MEDLINE , Proquest Medical Library are available. The Library is connected to HELINET consortium offered by RGUHS for full text online journal and E books data bases and computerized. Post graduates , graduates and researchers get the latest references through these apart from books, for their dissertation and research and publication work. Services include book bank, Photocopying, scanning for digitising purpose and laser printing too. Both Foreign and Indian medical journals are subscribed to meet the demands of learning and to keep abreast with recent literature .
Our library is an essential component of the institution which worthy serves the community enthusiastically, providing friendly environment .
Apart from the central library every department maintains its own departmental library facility for their staff and PG students.
Sports & Other Facilities
- Well maintained playgrounds and sports complex with gym facility All maintained under the instruction of Physical Directors.
- There are many indoor and outdoor sports activities conducted by the college for the overall development of the students.
- Provided with cafeteria, ATM, solar water heaters etc
There are transport facilities available for the students at reasonable charges. The students can make use of internet facility provided by the college.placement
Placements at Sri Devaraj URS University, [SDUU] Kolar:
- The university has institutionalized mechanism for students’ placement.
- The Career Guidance and Placement Cell provide information and counselling to the students regarding career as well as placement opportunities available in and outside the country.
- It also encourages them to work in the same institution for career advancement and hands on training.
- In medical college mostly student prefer to work in the same Institution.
- More than 70% of the students from our course got placed.
- The highest salary offered was approximately 2-3 lacs per month, while the lowest salary offered was Rs. 60,000 per month.
- Maximum students will get placed on their own in hospital chains like Apollo, etc. About 80% of the students got internships.
Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College FAQs:
1. Where is Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College located?
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College is situated in Kadugondanahalli, Bengaluru.
2. Is Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences?
- Yes, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
3. What are the courses offered at Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College?
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College offers MBBS, MD and MS courses.