As per NTA’s official notice, the date for JEE Main Admit Card download will be notified 15 days before the conduct of the exam on the official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in. Candidates can download JEE Main Admit Card 2020 by logging in with their Application Number and Security Pin/ Date of Birth, they must carry an original Identity Proof along with the admit card for entry to JEE Main Exam Center
Latest Updates: JEE Main 2020 will be conducted from July 18 – 23, 2020 as announced by HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on May 5, 2020 during his webinar.
All the necessary details like the exam date, exam center, time slot for the exam, signature and photograph of the candidate will be present on the admit card. A candidate can appear for the same test twice this year and NTA will adhere to the best of the two results from January and April. JEE Main January session was conducted from January 6 – 9, 2020.
NTA Notice on JEE Main Admit Card Release
JEE Main 2020- Admit Card Dates
|Events||JEE Main 2020 (January Session)||JEE Main 2020 (April Session)|
|Registration||September 3- October 10, 2019||May 19 – 24, 2020|
|Application Form Correction Window||October 14 – 20, 2019||May 25 – 31, 2020|
|JEE Main Admit Card Date of Release||December 6, 2019||1st week of July 2020|
|Examination Dates||January 6- January 11, 2020||July 18 – 23, 2020|
JEE Main 2020 Highlights
|Issuing Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Documents to Carry on Exam Day||JEE Main Admit Card, Valid photo ID proof|
|JEE Main Login Credentials||JEE Main application number and DOB or Password|
|Details Mentioned||Applicant’s name, Application number, Roll number, Father’s name, Course name, DOB, Category, Gender, Candidate’s Photograph, State of eligibility, Test city and centre code, Date and shift of examination, Paper type, Important instructions|
How to Download JEE Main Admit Card 2020?
The admit card for April session will be available post March 31, 2020. A link to the JEE Main Admit Card download will be flashed on the home page of the official website. Click on the respective link and proceed to download the hall ticket by following the given steps:
TWO METHODS TO DOWNLOAD JEE MAIN ADMIT CARD
- JEE Main admit card can be downloaded by two methods:
Method 1: Through Application Number and Password
Method 2: Through Application Number and DOB
- Click on any of the option to reach the admit card download screen.
- The procedure to download is given separately for both the options.
1) JEE Main Admit Card 2020 – Download through Application Number and Password
- Go to the official website of JEE Main 2020 – jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Click on “Download Admit Card”
- Select the option “Through Application Number and Password”
- You have to enter your application number.
- Enter your password.
- Enter the security pin mentioned below and login.
- Use the “Download admit card” button to download the JEE Main admit card and save it.
2) JEE Main Admit Card 2020 – Download through Application Number and DOB
- Go to the official website of JEE Main 2020 – jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Click on “Download Admit Card”
- Select the option “Through Application Number and Date of Birth”
- Enter the JEE Main application number
- Enter the date of birth as mentioned in application form
- Enter the security pin given below on the screen to login.
- With the help of the “Download admit card” option, download the admit card of JEE Main and save it for future reference.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Sample
Corrections in JEE Main Admit Card 2020
Crosscheck all the details mentioned in your admit card and If you find any discrepancy in the details given on the admit card, drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org before the stipulated time. JEE Main helpline will become live and active shortly. The details are given below:
Contact Numbers: +7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526
Official Website: jeemain.nta.nic.in
Address: National Testing Agency
Block C-20 1A/8 ,Sector- 62
IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar
Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh (India)
Forgot your JEE Main Login ID or Password?
In case you forgot your application number, you can follow the given steps:
Application Number can be recovered through the following steps:
- Go to the sign in page and click on “Forgot Application Number”
- The window that opens will show two options – “Find Application Number”
- You will have to enter the following details:Candidate’s NameMother’s NameFather’s NameDate of BirthState of EligibilitySecurity Pin
- The application number will be sent to you and you can use the same to download your admit card.
- Save the details for future reference.
Candidates can follow the steps below to recover their JEE Main password:
- You have to click on “Forgot Password” towards bottom left on the sign in page.
- The window that opens will show two options – “Options available for reset your Password”
- You have to further choose how to reset your password:
Use the security question.
Use verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the registered mobile number
Use a reset link sent via Email to the registered Email ID
- The link to reset the password will be sent to you depending upon the option you choose.
- You need the password and application number to download your admit card so save the details for future reference.
Documents to carry along with JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
Candidates are required to carry the following documents along with JEE Main Admit Card to the examination center:
|Passport sized photograph (same as the one used in the application form)|
|Valid Photo ID like Aadhar, Voter ID, Passport, School identity Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Ration Card|
|PwD certificate (if candidates belong to the category)|
JEE Main 2020 – Exam Day Guidelines
Candidates should follow the instructions for exam which are mentioned on their JEE Main 2020 admit card.
- Candidates should reach the exam center at least two hour in advance to the start of exam.
- Candidates are requested to visit the exam center location once prior to the exam to avoid the chaos.
- Candidates should bring all the necessary items which need to be carried to the exam centre.
- Candidates should not bring any prohibited items along with them at the exam centres
- Candidates must not indulge in any unfair means with regard to the exam.
Prohibited Items in the Examination Center- JEE Main 2020
The list of prohibited items in the examination center is tabulated below:
|Items Not Allowed|
|Electronic gadget/device, Calculator|
|Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box|
|Any kind of Paper/ Stationery|
|Eatables/ Snacks and Tea/ Coffee/ Cold drinks/ Water (loose or packed)|
|Mobile phone/ Earphone/ Microphone/ Pager|
|Camera, Tape Recorder|
|Any metallic item|
Guidelines for Scribes for JEE Main
- The candidates with disability should fill in the type and percentages of disability correctly in the online JEE Main Application Form. Any incorrect information can affect their candidature.
- Only the candidates, who have 40% or more disability, will be provided Scribe/Reader on the request of the candidate.
- The candidates will have choice of opting their own scribe/reader or may submit the request to the center superintendent.
- After the request of the candidate, the centre superintendent will identify the scribe/reader students for the candidate. This is only task of centre superintendent to choose a scribe for the candidate.
- However, if a candidate requests to meet the scribe before exam, they would be allowed to meet the scribe only a day before the examination to verify whether the scribe is suitable or not.
- One other provision is that 1 hour (60 minutes) compensatory time will be allowed to the candidates with 40% or more disability irrespective of the fact they are availing the facility of a scribe/reader.
Provision for Diabetic Students
Diabetic candidates are allowed to carry eatables and drinks including water bottles inside the exam center, this is done considering the health of diabetic patients in mind. Diabetic candidates must carry the following items in the exam hall:
- Sugar tablets
- Transparent water bottle
Note: Candidates will not be allowed to carry packaged foods such as chips/chocolate/sandwich etc.
About JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020
The exam pattern for JEE Main is defined by the JEE Main 2020 will be conducted for two papers namely Paper 1 (B.E./ B.Tech.) and Paper 2 (B.Arch./ B.Planning). Highlights of paper pattern are tabulated below:
|Specifications||JEE Main 2020 Pattern for B. E/ B. Tech Paper||JEE Main 2020 Pattern for B. Arch Paper||JEE Main 2020 Pattern for B. Planning|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||Aptitude test, Mathematics and Drawing||Aptitude test, Mathematics and Planning Based Objective Type|
|Type of Questions||MCQs + Numerical Value Based Questions||MCQs + Numerical Value Based Questions + Drawing test||MCQs + Numerical Value Based Questions|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|Marking Scheme||Each question carries 4 marks For every incorrect response at MCQs, 1 mark will be deducted No negative marking for Numerical Value Based Questions||Each question carries 4 marks For every incorrect response at MCQs, 1 mark will be deducted No negative marking for Numerical Value Based Questions Marks in drawing test will be given as per person’s drawing skills||Each question carries 4 marks For every incorrect response at MCQs, 1 mark will be deducted No negative marking for Numerical Value Based Questions|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Day Schedule
As per NTA’s notice dated May 22, there will be a half an hour variation in the exam timings of the coming session in comparison to the January session. The morning shift for April session will be held from 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon, and the afternoon shift will be held from 3.00 PM to 6.00 PM.
The details for JEE Main 2020 Exam with the schedule of events for the January session was as follows:
|FACTS||FIRST SHIFT||SECOND SHIFT|
|Timings for JEE Main Exam||9.30 am – 12.30 pm||2.30 pm – 5.30 pm|
|Entry in the Exam Centre||7.30 am – 8.30 am||12.30 pm – 1.30 pm|
|Entry in the Exam Hall||8.45 am – 9 am||1.45 pm – 2 pm|
|Admit Card Check by Invigilator||9 am – 9.15 am||2 pm to 2.15 pm|
|Instructions of Invigilator||9.15 am to 9.25 am||2.15 pm to 2.25 pm|
|Test Starting Time||9.30 am||2.30 pm|
|Test Ending Time||12.30 pm||5.30 pm|
|Exam Duration||3 hours||3 hours|
JEE Main 2020 – Last Minute Tips
JEE Main 2020 cominng session is just around the cornerand the last days before the exam can be very stressful in terms of strategizing for the exam day. Even more so, with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Here are some last minute tips for test takers:
- Candidates appearing for JEE Main must have certain strategies for time management, selection of questions and accuracy.
- All these factors are interdependent on each other and essential for a successful attempt.
- Candidates should have clarity on how many questions they aim to attempt. They should also have a rough picture on what topics they can or can not attempt.
- Aiming to solve the entire paper will only lead to disruption of clarity therefore a sequence of attempting the question paper must be chosen as per one’s own convenience.
- Attempting Chemistry first can be beneficial as the questions can be addressed quicker so aspirants can have more time to attempt Physics and Mathematics sections.
- Candidates must try to attempt graph-based questions as they are easy in terms of attempting. They can be approached with different parameters like inserting values etc to eliminate wrong options.
JEE Main Admit Card FAQs
Ques. When will JEE Main Admit Card for the coming session be released?
Ans. JEE Main Admit Card for the coming session was due for March 20, 2020. However, the release has been delayed due to the current situation of the country in terms of the COVID-19 pandemic. The admit card will only be released once there is some clarity on the exam dates for the coming session. As of now, the admit card release date has not been disclosed by NTA.
Ques. I am facing problems while downloading JEE Main Admit Card. What should I do?
Ans. Candidates having problems in downloading JEE Main Hall Ticket due to problems related to discrepancy/mismatch in their name as compared with their board data, then a correction facility will be provided. Using the correction facility, the candidates will be able to correct their name in JEE Main Form as per the board data. The candidates will be able to download the document after making the necessary corrections.
Ques. My name is written as “Manoj Kumar” in Aadhaar card, and in my class 10th certificate the name reads, “ Manoj Kumar Gopal”, what name will come on my admit card?
Ans. Manoj Kumar will come on your admit card as the Aadhar card name is the accepted name on your ID.
Ques. I do not have internet, can I get my JEE Main admit card through post?
Ans. No, you cannot get your JEE Main admit card through post.
Ques. I have lost my admit card, how will I get my JEE Main result?
Ans. You need to login to the systems with your roll number and password, which are stored on your email, just check in your personal mail id, else send an email on helpline to get your credentials.
Ques. What things can I carry inside the exam hall?
Ans. You can carry only the basic stationery allowed inside the exam hall as per the directives, no electronic gadgets/books/ calculators can be carried in the exam hall.
Ques. What is the helpline number for JEE Main admit card?
Ans. Helpline No.- 1800 112211 OR 18004253800
Ques. My name spelling is incorrect on the admit card, what should I do?
Ans. Contact the authorities at the helpline number, to get it corrected.
Ques. I have lost my admit card, how can I get its duplicate copy?
Ans. Login to the JEE application portal and repeat the process for downloading JEE Main admit card.
Ques. My photo is blurred in admit card, what to do, I want a new one?
Ans. You must contact the authority at the helpline numbers, then only you will get a new admit card with a better quality photo.
Ques. At what time should I report at the JEE exam center?
Ans. You must report at least 2 hours 30 minutes before the commencement of exam at the exam center.
Ques. What things can I carry with admit card on JEE Main exam day?
Ans. You need to carry following items on the exam day:
- JEE Main Admit Card
- Copy of PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Government-issued Identity proof
Ques. I am writing JEE paper 2, can I carry my personal stationery?
Ans. Yes, you have to carry your stationery as per the list below:
- Geometry box
- Color pencils
Ques. Do I have to go through biometric verification if I appear for JEE main exam?
Ans. Yes, you will have to appear for the biometric verification process on the exam day.
Ques. Do I need to carry my OBC certificate along with my JEE admit card?
Ans. No, you do not have to carry your Caste Certificate along with the JEE admit card on the day of exam.
Ques. I have applied for JEE main and B.Arch course, do I need to get separate admit cards for both?
Ans. Yes, separate admit cards are needed for both the exams.
Ques. I am from Assam, do I need to carry my DL along with JEE admit card on exam date?
Ans. Yes, you need to carry your DL along with the JEE Main admit card.
Ques. What details do I need to download the admit card?
Ans. The details required to download the admit card are: JEE Main Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin.
Ques. If I forget my JEE Main hall ticket, on exam day, can I get a duplicate at the exam center?
Ans. No, you cannot get a duplicate copy of the hall ticket at the exam center.
Ques. Can I obtain JEE Main Hall Ticket from an offline source?
Ans. No, you can only download JEE Main Admit Card from nta.ac.in
Ques. What if I can’t download my JEE Main Admit Card 2020. What should I do?
Ans. If you are unable to download the hall ticket due to the occurrence of any error, a correction facility will be provided to correct the same. If still, the problem continues, contact the authorities immediately.
If you’re facing some technical issues regarding the download of JEE Main admit card, then you should probably restart your browser or try again after clearing the caches. If the site is crashing, then try downloading the admit card at some other hour.
Ques. If I lose my JEE Main Admit Card. What should I do?
Ans. If by some unfortunate event you happen to lose your JEE Mains Admit Card, do not worry. You can go back to the official website of JEE Main and download and reprint your admit card by logging in your candidate’s profile till the exam day.
Ques. Is there any dress code for JEE Main 2020?
Ans. There is no specific dress code for JEE Main 2020. However, it is suggested not take the following things along with you in the examination hall:
- Any electronic item (Including wristwatch)
- Any jewel or ornaments
- Full sleeves shirts/t-shirts
- Shoes (Only sandals or slippers are permitted)
Ques. What should I do if the name of father/ mother is not exactly same as in school records or the address mentioned in Aadhaar has been changed due to transfer or some other reason?
Ans. If these particulars are not being matched with the ones mentioned on Aadhaar, the candidates should correctly fill these particulars as per school records. The present/permanent address may also be filled accordingly since CBSE does not send any communication on the candidates’ address.